Sunday, 12 August 2007

Making t-shirts

Dinosaur-Boy is now three and every year since he was born, at the start of summer, I've bought some plain white t-shirts and appliqued some pictures onto them. I love doing them, which is good because I'd been a bit disappointed by the lack of t-shirts for boys that didn't have writing or pictures of very 'boysy' things on them.

I've sewn all the t-shirt designs by hand using blanket stitch, as sometimes it's nice to be doing something creative that doesn't tie me to the sewing machine. On the right is a picture of my little boy Dinosaur-Boy wearing one last summer. Above, I've also included one that I made for one of his friends on their first birthday and for that one I chain-stitched his name onto the lorry, along with one of an ice cream cone and flake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - it's always really lovely to hear from people.

I now tend to reply within the comments section, so please do check back if you've asked a question or wish to chat.

Florence x