Monday, 22 November 2010

Housekeeping


My children had some friends round for tea today, which meant that my company wasn't needed - this might seem like the perfect opportunity to fit in a few extra hours of sewing, but such is the absorbing nature of stitching that I don't feel as though I remain a responsible adult with a sewing machine pedal underfoot. There's every possibility that I might delay feeding the children until they are lain strewn about the house light-headed with hunger or distractedly agree to them playing cricket indoors, oblivious to the sound of shattering glass. So instead I cleaned out my kitchen cupboards: happily re-ordering my bulging collection of herb teas and making the pans sit nicely in their drawers, temporarily reunited with their lids.


This impromptu fit of housekeeping seems to have overflown out of the kitchen and on to the computer, for this evening I have found myself overhauling my 'I like to read...' list in my sidebar (eyes right and then scroll down a little). I still like to read all the blogs that were on there, but I've recently discovered so many new ones - or never listed some of my favourites - that I thought I might change things round a little and share some new lovelies (There are so many things that I want to put in my sidebar, that I try to limit myself to 30...which is why I don't just keep on adding to it...even though it pains me to have to edit it).

If you have a few minutes to spare then do go visiting - they are mostly quilting and dressmaking blogs, with one or two foodie blogs thrown in there too (because one has to eat in between the stitches).

I would love it if you would share some of your own favourites too - it's always a treat to discover new ones.

Florence x

4 comments:

  1. Hi! Love your blog and some of my other favourites you don't seem to have on your list (at the moment) are: www.angrychicken.typepad.com, www.theblackapple.typepad.com and www.dana-made-it.com
    Like you I have an increasing list of blogs to read. So many interesting and creative people out there!
    I have just had a bug ordering my sewing box. All the neatly arranged until the next creative tornado hits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, you sound like me. Always torn between the sewing machine and making sure the kids are not making biscuits out of the cats food... We always pick the "right" thing to do though don't we.
    Love your suggestions.
    Jen & Row
    www.shimi.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeek!! Thank you so much for putting my blog on your list! I've been reading yours for quite a while so was very intrigued when I noticed some traffic coming to my blog from yours and came to investigate! Now I must go and check out some of the other blogs you've listed, although I already read so many I think if I add any more to my list of feeds I'll never get anything done!
    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I am thrilled to be in your blog roll with such great company, thank you- much time wasted before school this morning looking at old and new blogs! ingthings.blogspot.com is always a visual pleasure- daily pics from eh Princess of Threeways

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - it's always really lovely to hear from people.

I now tend to reply within the comments section, so please do check back if you've asked a question or wish to chat.

Florence x